Click the names to the right to view the work of our members.
Upstream Gallery Membership Information
- Annual dues are $1,200 per year, payable in two installments.
- There is an initiation fee of $100 for all new members.
- Membership includes a one person show in one of the two gallery spaces; rotating between the large and small rooms every 18 to 24 months.
- All members participate in 2-3 group exhibitions every year.
- All sales involve a 20% commission to the gallery.
- The costs and promotion of all one person shows are the responsibility of the exhibiting artists.
- Each member will assume a portion of the shared responsibility toward maintaining the business of the gallery.
- All members are expected to attend and participate in the monthly meetings of the full membership.
- Membership meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month, at 5 pm, at the gallery; if that date is a holiday; an adjusted date will be announced in advance.
- Each member is responsible for sitting during gallery hours approximately once a month.
- New members are accepted by a majority vote at members meetings upon review of the applicant’s portfolio or web site.
- The gallery has liability insurance, but is not responsible for loss to artwork due to accident, vandalism, fire theft, etc…
- Each member is responsible for curating and hanging their own show, and shall obtain any required assistance on their own.
- All members are responsible for their own opening receptions, including providing refreshments, cleaning up and vacuuming afterwards.
- Following shows, each member is also responsible for removing their work in a timely manner, as well as patching and touching up the walls.
- Members are free to join any other art group, gallery or exhibition in which they wish to participate.
To apply for membership:
Applications for membership will be reviewed at our monthly meeting. Those interested may drop off a portfolio of their work, or a CD, at the gallery prior to our meeting, which usually takes place on the second Thursday of the month @ 5 pm. Alternatively, you may write to Upstreamgallery26@gmail.com with a request to have your work reviewed, and simply tell us your web site address.
GALLERY HOURS: Thursday - Sunday, 12:30 to 5:30pm .
There are no meetings during July or August.